Frequently Asked Questions
- I am interested in working abroad. How can I apply?
- What are the requirements?
- Do I need to go for an interview?
- How long does it take to find a job abroad?
- If I am selected, who will take care of processing my papers?
- How much will Ikon charge me?
- I am interested in working abroad. How can I apply? Back to Top
Ikon is ready to assist jobseekers in finding job opportunities abroad. You can submit your application form online using the “My Ikon Log-In”.
- What are the requirements? Back to Top
All jobseekers must possess a valid passport. Other documents such as transcript of records, diplomas, relevant certificates, and ID photos will be requested later. You may also be asked to submit other requirements as requested by employers.
- Do I need to go for an interview? Back to Top
Once Ikon has found a potential job for you, you will be asked to undergo a preliminary interview at Ikon’s office in Manila or Cebu. Depending on the results of the preliminary interview, selected candidates will be informed or called for a follow-up interview with the employer at a selected venue and date.
Please ensure that all your contact information provided in your application form is up to date so that you can be contacted by an Ikon representative. In case any of your contact information has changed, please inform us immediately.
- How long does it take to find a job abroad? Back to Top
The length of time varies depending on the availability of jobs abroad, the type of job, the applicant’s skills, qualifications, and experience, among others.
To facilitate the process, all applications received by Ikon are stored in a central database. Once we have a jobseeker’s record on file, it is easier to help find a suitable job that meets your requirements.
- If I am selected, who will take care of processing my papers? Back to Top
Once you have been selected, Ikon will proceed with the processing of the required documentation. This includes relevant medical examinations, POEA clearance, OWWA membership, etc. We do our best to make sure you don’t need to make unnecessary trips to process your papers.
- How much will Ikon charge me? Back to Top
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) allows recruitment agencies to collect a placement fee equivalent to one month’s salary of candidates, except in countries where the collection of placement fees is prohibited. In many cases, you will not be asked to pay any fees.