Frequently Asked Questions
- I am interested in working abroad. How can I apply?
- Encountering problems while applying online?
- What are the basic requirements to work abroad?
- I am working abroad already but would like to work in Macau, can I apply to Ikon?
- How do I know if I get shortlisted or selected for a job?
- Do I need to go for an interview?
- If I am selected, who will take care of processing my papers?
- If I am currently employed can I continue to work while Ikon is processing my documents?
- I have applied to Ikon several times but have not heard back.
- How much will Ikon charge me?
- I am interested in working abroad. How can I apply? Back to Top
- Start your application journey by visiting our website and social media pages to check all job vacancies available.
- Once you have selected jobs that match your skill set to which you want to apply, you need to create an account on our website, www.ikonlink.com
- Simply go to the Login/Signup Page and complete the registration process to create an Ikon account.
Even if there are no suitable vacancies that match your skill set, you should still register an account for future job openings.
- To activate your account, you need to click the activation link that will be sent to your email.
Once your account has been activated, you may complete your online application. Please make sure that you provide as much information as possible so our Recruitment Consultants can match your profile better with our job vacancies.
- Encountering problems while applying online? Back to Top
You may be encountering any of the following issues:
- Ikon Account Not Activated Before you apply, you need to create an account on our website. Once the account is created, Ikon will send you an email with an activation link that you need to click to activate your account. Please check your spam/ junk folders should you fail to receive this email notification in your inbox. Accounts that are not activated will not be captured in our database.
- Missing information Some basic information must be captured in our database including name, birth date, gender, contact numbers and email address. Please ensure that these fields are properly filled out.
- Password retrieval Simply click the forgot password link in the log-in page and you will receive your account credentials through your registered email address.
- What are the basic requirements to work abroad? Back to Top
All jobseekers must possess the following:
Updated Resume– Make sure that you complete personal details including education, employment history, trainings, licenses, etc. in your resume and update your Ikon profile regularly, ideally every 6 months or whenever you change jobs.
Valid Passport– Ideally, jobseekers should have valid passports for faster processing of deployment requirements should you be selected by an employer. You may still apply even if you do not have a passport or your passport is expiring or has already expired. However, we encourage you to get a valid passport as soon as possible.
Education Credentials – Diplomas, Transcript of Records and relevant Certificates.
Training Certificates or Licenses
PEOS Certificate – this is a requirement of POEA for all aspiring candidates who wish to work abroad. It is an online seminar with an assessment test. You may click this link http://www.peos.poea.gov.ph/ to do the test. You will get a certificate after completion of test.
You may also be asked to submit other documents as requested by employers.
- I am working abroad already but would like to work in Macau, can I apply to Ikon? Back to Top
Yes, of course, you can. In fact, many of our clients from all over the world prefer candidates who have had overseas job experience and you probably have a very good chance of changing countries and getting the job you want. We encourage all candidates abroad to constantly visit the Ikon website to see if they can move ahead in their career. Just follow the regular application procedure.
- How do I know if I get shortlisted or selected for a job? Back to Top
Should you be shortlisted or selected for any positions, our Recruitment Consultants will reach you via your contact number or email. Otherwise, your profile will remain in our database for future job vacancies.
- Do I need to go for an interview? Back to Top
Once Ikon has found a potential job for you, you will be asked to undergo an online preliminary interview. Depending on the results of the preliminary interview, selected candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview with the employer.
Please ensure that all your contact information provided in your application form is up to date so that you can be contacted by an Ikon representative. In case your contact information has changed, please update us immediately.
Since most interviews will now be done online, please make sure that you have set up accounts on the following platforms:
Whatsapp, Viber, Zoom, and Skype. Please click here for guidelines on how to set up your online accounts.
- If I am selected, who will take care of processing my papers? Back to Top
Once you have been selected, Ikon will process all your documentation. This includes relevant medical examinations, POEA clearance, OWWA membership, etc. We will do our best to make sure you don’t need to make unnecessary trips to process your papers and the process is as smooth as possible for you.
- If I am currently employed can I continue to work while Ikon is processing my documents? Back to Top
Yes! Ikon strongly suggests that candidates continue with their work while processing their documents. However, we follow a strict timeline for processing your medical examination, submission of documents, etc. Ikon will be with you every step of the way and will work with you to ensure timely submission of requirements but there should be no delays on your part.
You may also need to render your resignation in advance, if you have a notice period, so as not to delay your deployment.
- I have applied to Ikon several times but have not heard back. Back to Top
This may mean that at the time of your application, we have not matched your profile to our current vacancies. You will hear back as soon as we have a suitable opening for you. We strongly suggest that you update your profile regularly. Your most recent job experience will help us match and shortlist you for the right job.
- How much will Ikon charge me? Back to Top
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) allows recruitment agencies to collect a placement fee equivalent to one month’s basic salary of candidates, except in countries where the collection of placement fees is prohibited. In many cases, you will not be asked to pay any fees.