Teachers at Home
A school day for your children in the safety of your home now comes easy with IKON’s Teachers At Home program.
The service is the Philippines’ first private live-in teacher program that provides professional, discreet, dedicated and passionate teachers to teach your children at home and live with the family.
A private live-in teacher brings numerous benefits that every family should consider:
- A Perfect Match – Ikon will help you select a teacher whose background and personality not only suits your child but also fits in well with the family.
- Home Based Learning allows your child to work in a private, comfortable, safe and familiar environment with the guidance of a private teacher.
- Health & Safety – the live-in arrangement reduces risks and prioritizes the health and safety of children and the family amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Encouraging Your Child To Ask Questions – students are always more comfortable with a teacher in a face to face setting, making it more likely that they will ask insightful questions and receive informed answers.
- Personalized Pace and Approach – every child is different but our teachers are able to quickly identify and adapt to your child’s individual needs and capabilities and work at your child’s pace and capacity for learning.
Teachers At Home features an exceptional pool of quality teachers with traditional and progressive teaching backgrounds from local and international private schools in the Philippines and abroad. Strict background checks and health protocols are in place to ensure your whole family’s safety and peace of mind.
To know more about Ikon’s Teachers At Home program, visit FAQs below, call 0917-7911610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the Private Live-in Teacher service?
In these uncertain times with COVID-19 posing a huge health risk, many families prefer to have teachers living in their homes to teach their children.
This service provides a private, dedicated teacher engaged to teach children at home and live with the family. Ikon assists in sourcing and onboarding suitable candidates for our clients.
Ikon has already been able to source and deploy suitable teachers to a number of families.
2. What are the benefits of engaging a Private Live-in Teacher?
Hiring a Private Live-in Teacher allows parents to get the support of highly qualified, experienced, and discreet teachers to assist in guiding children through their school curriculum on a daily basis and facilitate the learning process. This will supplement the school’s online classes and help build a conducive learning environment in the safety of children’s homes.
The teacher’s live-in arrangement prioritizes the health and safety of the whole family by limiting risk of exposure to COVID-19. The health safety benefits for the teacher, the children and the whole family cannot be over emphasized.
3. How does the live-in arrangement work?
The teacher is provided with food and lodging by the client. Clients may accommodate teachers in their own home or opt to rent an apartment for the teacher near their residence.
For teachers residing in a client’s home, a private room and bathroom for the teacher are provided.
For those with an apartment arrangement, clients typically provide transportation to bring the teacher to/from the client’s residence and the teacher’s apartment.
4. What educational level do the teachers cater to?
The qualified, experienced and carefully vetted teachers in our pool are experts in handling pre-school and grade school levels. We also have teachers with traditional and progressive teaching backgrounds.
5. Is there a standard curriculum?
The teacher will follow the curriculum of the child’s school and assist with lessons. Supplemental subjects and activities may also be provided depending on the needs and aptitude of the children.
6. Is there a standard schedule for the teacher?
The class schedule will be discussed between the client and the teacher. School hours will depend on the child’s curriculum and schedule.
Rest days and leave schedules for teachers depend on the agreement between both parties.
For example, some clients consider a 3-week cycle wherein the teacher will live-in for 3 full weeks then take a few days’ leave.
7. How does Ikon source teachers?
We source teachers from local and international private schools in the Philippines and those with teaching experience in other countries.
8. Do you conduct background checks?
Our recruitment and deployment teams conduct thorough background checks as part of the onboarding process.
In cases where clients request a more comprehensive background check, we can engage a third-party service provider who provides a wider scope of services. This engagement will be for the account of the client.
9. What are your health protocols for onboarding?
Chosen teachers undergo a thorough medical exam and a swab test for COVID-19 prior to onboarding.
For routine swab testing on a regular basis, we can make arrangements with AIDE, a preferred service provider and affiliate of Singapore Diagnostics.
All medical and swab testing will be for the account of the client.
10. Will the teacher be employed by Ikon or the client?
The teacher will be employed by the client and have a direct contract. We can provide a standard employment contract template and assist in preparing the agreement.
11. How much is the salary of the teacher?
The salary depends on the teacher’s credentials and experience. This may range from Php 50,000 to Php 100,000 monthly.
12. How much is the fee of Ikon?
The service fee of Ikon is 15% of annual salary. A one-time billing will be issued prior to the start of the engagement.
13. In case the employment of the teacher does not work out, can we ask for a replacement?
Yes, we offer a one-time replacement guarantee within 3 months of employment provided all fess have been paid.
14. Can we extend the engagement with the teacher after 1 year?
Yes, you may renew the agreement with the teacher directly or ask our help. We are always at your service.