Job Vacancy Details Back to List
Industry: Hospitality Country: Singapore
- Candidates must have at least High School Diploma.
- This job requires both male and female applicants.
- Minimum of 1 year(s) working experience is required for this position.
- Applicants must be 18 to 50 years old.
- Minimum secondary education
- Minimum 1-year experience in the same capacity
- Good guest relation and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and execution skills
- Ability to manage time, organize, good communication and motivational skills
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies
- PC Literacy and good typing skills.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Candidates must have a good command of spoken and written English, and any additional language is an advantage
- Pays attention to details and has strong customer service skills
- Mature, meticulous, resourceful, organized, and able to work independently
- A team player and takes initiative to assist other Team Members when required
- Have impeccable follow-through; and a “Can Do” attitude and mindset.
- Be willing to work any day and any shift.
- Well-groomed and professional disposition.
1) Accomplish Day to Day Operations
- Prepare the workstation at the start of the shift and ensure all equipment and required work materials are in order.
- Up to the date on internal promotions and be familiar with the local community and famous events in town. Appropriate recommendations can be made to guests to enhance their stay in MBS and Singapore.
- Attend to guests upon their arrival at the entrances handling their inquiries and responding to their needs
- Manage the queue at the entrance by directing the guests to the different designated queues and engaging/ interacting with the guests during the wait to enhance the guest arrival and departure experience.
- Adapt to changes and ensure adherence to organisational operating procedures and service standards.
- Handles luggage for both arriving and departing guests and groups. This includes proper handling, tagging and delivering of luggage.
- Rotated to perform duties at the curb and work closely with Bell Captain and Supervisor at the driveway to ensure guest’s arrival and departure experience is seamless.
- Is trained to handle luggage handling equipment like bell-cart and birdcage trolley.
- Involves in learning applying property management system such as OPERA, and dispatching system such as FCS, and etc.
- Delivers incoming items to the guestrooms at the request of Guest Services dispatcher/supervisor/captain or/and guests.
- Maintains the luggage room and luggage trolleys. This involves properly stacking of baggage in luggage room, polishing of trolleys and maintaining a hazard-free environment.
- Handles baggage-related requests such as long-term/short-term storage, luggage repair and etc.
- Sorts and delivers the requested daily newspapers to all VIP rooms, suites and scheduled rooms
- Processes guest’s request. In the event, if the request is not directly related to his/her area of capacity, the request is owned and forwarded to the right department.
- Maintain close liaison with all other departments to have a good understanding the operational flow to ensure seamless guest experiences.
2) Perform Service and Operational Excellence
- Exhibit exceptional customer service at all times to guests and fellow employees
- Collect and update guest personal information, preferences, practices and interests to ensure accurate guest profile and history in Opera.
- Recommend new ideas to enhance guest experience and revenue generation.
3) Apply Operational Risks
- Be aware of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), practices and reinforces safety guidelines.
- Report and document special incidents that command management’s attention; incidents may include vandalism, fight, fire, abuse, accidents, etc.
- Monitor activities in both front and back of the house; report any suspicious characters, items and/or activities to Security Department
- Respond emergency situations
- Respond to guest requirements as long as they are safe, legal and economically sound
4) Participate Employee Engagement
- Practice well-mannered and groomed as per company standard at all times
- Demonstrate an enjoyment and enthusiasm for work through effective relationships with other Team Members/ Department by embracing OneMBS culture.
- Self -Motivate for continuous learning and development
- Support Guest Service Agents with assignment of clean rooms during check in process
- Undertake the role of mentoring new Team Members with front desk operations and procedures upon completion of their classroom training
5) Involve in Documentation, Financial and report management
- Attend scheduled departmental meetings as required.
- Review systems and processes for workflow and productivity improvement.
- Perform administrative duties such as inventory and filing of reports as required based on the assigned duty given within the Guest Services Team.
- Observe the usage of supplies to ensure that it’s within budget and minimize wastage.
- Contribute ideas in support of the company vision, mission, value and guiding principles
- Actively involve to sustainability programmes to drive organisational green initiatives
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by Management
Qualified applicants should apply with a comprehensive resume and detailed job experience, copies of diplomas (high school/college), transcript of records, employment certificates, training certificates, latest 2x2 and whole body photos, and a copy of passport (if available).
Visit our offices at:
Ikon Solutions Asia Inc.
8th Floor, Algo Center
162 L.P. Leviste St. Salcedo Village
Makati City, Philippines 1227
License No.: POEA-002-LB-010421-R
FOR MANPOWER POOLING ONLY. NO FEES TO BE COLLECTED. BEWARE OF ILLEGAL RECRUITERS AND HUMAN TRAFFICKERS.