7 Things You Should Never Say During A Salary Negotiation
Date Posted: 12/6/2018
Maraming empleyado ang walang kumpiyansa pagdating sa paghiling ng mas mataas na suweldo, kahit na maaari nilang patunayan na sila ay karapat-dapat sa ganung halaga. Ayun sa sikat na recruitment firm 39 percent ng empleyado ay sumubok makipag negotiate ng kanilang sweldo sa kanilang huling trabaho. A salary negotiation does not need to be a scary situation. Think of it as a discussion about your work ethic and professional growth that can potentially increase the money you make. It can be an empowering exchange between the employee and the manager if approached in a well thought-out and confident manner.
Bago magsimula ang salary negotiation, you must first know your worth, know whatyou want, and know what to accept. Once you are clear on these factors, take time to prepare for your talk. Here are some tips of what not to say as you take the leap into bargaining for a higher salary.
1. “I’ll take it.” Huwag kunin ang unang offer unless ito ay mas mataas o eksakto kung ano ang gusto mo. Remember, this is a negotiation if the offer is low. You want to hear what the manager has to say and the manager wants to hear what you have to say.
2. “Nope.” Habang hindi mo nais na tanggapin ang unang mababa na offer offer, hindi mo rin nais na tanggihan ang anumang offer. Mag-iwan ng lugar para sa discussion at compromise.
3. “I apologize for asking” You are not wrong for asking for a raise that you feel you have earned. Iwasan ang anumang paumanhin para humingi ng suweldo at benepisyo na tumutugma sa kung ano sa tingin mo ay nararapat para sa iyo.
4. “I feel…” Using sentences with feelings and thoughts shows a lack of confidence in yourself. Kung wala kang kumpiyansa sa iyong sarili, bakit ka dapat pagkatiwalaan ng kumpanya? Start sentences with facts and phrases that show your belief in yourself such as, “I have shown…”
5. “You probably won’t…” When you think negative thoughts, you receive a negative outcome. Starting your salary negotiation off with negativity and doubt will set the tone for the discussion and will lead to you getting less than you want. Instead, start the conversation off with something positive like, “I appreciate your meeting with me to discuss how we can further invest in each other.”
6. “Why did ‘so-n-so’ get a raise?” Kung may napag-usapan at natanggap ang ibang tao, ito ay walang kinalaman sa iyo. Bringing this up during your conversation shows immaturity. Manatiling focused sa pag-discuss tungkol sa iyo at sa iyong trabaho. The more facts and solid proof you have, the better you can expect the results to work in your favor.
7. “I don’t know.” There is no room for this sentence during your negotiations as it will show the type of the worker you are. Gawin ang iyong research. Magtanong sa mga professionals para sa advice o practice negotiation. Come prepared.
Kapag nakikipag-negosasyon sa iyong suweldo, tandaan ang iyong halaga, alamin kung ano ang gusto mo, at kung ano ang kaya mong tanggapin. Learn as much as possible about the salaries in your field and the process of negotiating your salary. Be confident in your work ethic and what you bring to the table. Focus your attention on showing the manager how your work ethic shows evidence of how you value your job, the company, and the clients.
©2018 Ikon Solutions Asia, Inc.
All rights reserved. No part of this article shall be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission from Ikon. No patent liability is assumed with respect to the use of the information contained herein. Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this article, the publisher and author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions. Neither is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of information contained herein.
Ikon specifically disclaims any responsibility for any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of this article.